Who doesn’t love a bank holiday weekend? Especially when you’re in London… There is plenty going on, so we thought we’d update you with our top picks and warn you with some public transport updates.
What’s going on in London?
August Bank Holiday weekend is one of our favourite weekends of the year. Here’s a few things that may tickle your fancy for next weekend…
- Notting Hill Carnival – Europe’s largest street festival.
- Zip World London – A 225 metre zip wire in London.
- South West 4 – Clapham Common’s bank holiday dance music festival.
- Fright Fest 2017 – A collection of the best ever horror films shown in The Prince Charles Cinema.
- London Super Comic Con – You may have heard of Comic Con, but have you been to the Super Comic Con?
Like what you see? Book yourself a taxi for your group as public transport will be sparse.
Public Transport Closures
The following major engineering works will take place over the August bank holiday:
- As part of the Thameslink Programme, no trains will run to or from London Charing Cross and London Cannon Street
- Preparatory work for High Speed Two (HS2) takes place at London Euston, with no trains running to or from the station on Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 August
- Crossrail work will continue, with no trains between London Liverpool Street and Shenfield / Ingatestone / Billericay / Barking on Sunday 27 and Monday 28 August
- As part of the Wessex improvement programme, some platforms at London Waterloo will be closed, resulting in an amended South West Trains service until Sunday 28 August
- Electrification work on the Great Western Mainline continues in the Bristol Parkway area, affecting services between Wales and London Paddington from Saturday 19 August to Sunday 17 September
Getting a LLT is the easiest, comfiest and safest way to travel. We can pick you up and drop you back to any destination at affordable prices. If you would like to make an enquiry, just visit our booking page here.
How Can We Help You?
If you need transport for any lengthy trips around the UK, don’t hesitate to visit our booking page on our website here. Enquiries can be made on the website, and further information can be found on our Twitter Page. You can give us a call on 07519 055 741, or use the booking form on the site. We’re always available for a chat, and reply to any quote as fast as we can. If you’re wondering about pricing or have any questions, we’d be happy to have a chat on the number above. Visit one of the most famous palaces in the world with Licensed London Taxi!