As far as tennis goes, Wimbledon is always the biggest event in the calendar. It defines UK sport and shines a luxury light on the sport. If you’re travelling to the event, you have to do it in style. That means taking one of our Licensed London Taxis.
Being the top event in the tennis calendar, we thought we’d share a few facts with our readers just to wet your appetite for the big day. We’d like to thank visitbritain.com for some of these facts.
- Wimbledon is the world’s oldest tennis tournament
- Sponsored advertising is not allowed at Wimbledon
- Centre Court is now fitted with a retractable roof to help avoid rain delays that have been an infamous feature of the tournament throughout its history
- The tradition of players bowing or curtseying in front of The Royal Box ended in 2003; however an exception is made if Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II or the Prince of Wales is present
- The courts are sown with 100% perennial ryegrass and Wimbledon is the only Grand Slam event in the world played on grass
- Champions receive a 3/4-size replica of their trophy
We hope that expanded your knowledge on the Wimbledon events!
Getting to Wimbledon & Buying your tickets
If you have your Wimbledon ticket, but don’t have your transport booked yet, then the only thing to do next is get your transport booked wit LLT. Getting a LLT is the easiest, comfiest and safest way to travel. We can pick you up and drop you back to any destination at affordable prices. If you would like to make an enquiry, just visit our booking page here. If you would like to look at buying a ticket for Wimbledon, click here.
How Can We Help You?
If you’re interested in using one of our easily accessible taxis, click on the link above to find out a little more and make an enquiry. If you need transport for any lengthy trips around the UK, don’t hesitate to visit our booking page on our website here. Enquiries can be made on the website, and further information can be found on our Twitter Page. You can give us a call on 07519 055 741, or use the booking form on the site. We’re always available for a chat, and reply to any quote as fast as we can. If you’re wondering about pricing or have any questions, we’d be happy to have a chat on the number above. Make this year’s Wimbledon a memorable one!